TRAINING IS AVAILABLE FOR AGES 8 AND UP
- Our main policy is to apply a proven combination of classical and modern singing methods to aid our students at all stages of life. We have improved breathing, stamina, vocal quality and technique for students of all ages and abilities, and helped them achieve their personal and professional goals.
- The Studio may accept students younger than 8 years following an audition.
All lessons are to be PREPAID, either by cheque OR through our on-line payment plans.
Payment by Cheque
- Post-dated cheques for the 1st of each month are REQUIRED BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSON to secure the lesson time slot. Drop them off or mail them to
4000 Rock City Rd
Nanaimo BC V9T 4Y8
- If all post-dated cheques are not received by your first lesson, your lesson time slot may be filled from the wait list.
- There will be an extra charge of $40 for all NSF cheques!
- When you enrol in our monthly on-line payment plan, credit card payments will be automatically processed each month.
- The monthly payment plan divides the total lesson fees into equal monthly payments, for a period of 10 months.
- The semi-annual payment plan involves two instalments: the first due before the start of lessons, the second due December 31. The second instalment will not be withdrawn automatically, but can be paid on our Lesson Fees page.
- No refunds are possible for lessons missed or skipped due to statutory holidays or scheduled Studio closure dates.
- One month PAID notice is required for all cancellations of your voice training.
(It is impossible to fill an hour slot late in the year)
- are reserved for you. Do not be late or your lesson time is shorter.
- THE STUDIO MUST SERVE ALL OUR STUDENTS WITHIN A FULL SCHEDULE– LESSON TIME CHANGES ARE NO LONGER POSSIBLE!
PLEASE do not miss lessons!
YOUR PAYMENT RESERVES YOUR TIME SLOT ONLY!!!
Fees paid for a missed lesson will not be refunded.
- is important to the Studio.
- To keep everyone in the Studio at their healthiest andreduce the spread of colds and flu, the Studio asks that you stay home from your lesson if you:
- Have a cold, cough, sore throat or nasal drainage that prevents you from singing at your best, or
- Exhibit symptoms of the flu or another communicable illness.
- The Studio reserves the right to refuse lessons to a student who does not follow this health policy.
- No refunds or make-up lessons will be possible for lessons missed due to illness or breach of this policy
YOUR HOMEWORK (PRACTICE)
- You need to supply a three-ring binder and paper for your lesson plans and to note your progress.
- You must buy recording media from the Studio to record lesson exercises and pieces.
- You are responsible for ALL your preparation.
- If you are not ready, time is wasted and progress is slow.
- Remember to factor good health practices into your preparation (exercise, eating well, sleep, and hydration).
- You will be given some special physical voice warm-ups. Please use them often.
FESTIVAL LESSONS, WORKSHOPS AND REHEARSALS
- Attendance at your Music Festival classes will be your lesson for that week.
- Workshops and rehearsals are extra and will be prepaid.
- Individual and group accompanist fees must also be prepaid for workshops.
- You may (by agreement) have the opportunity to perform for others.
- You may (if we agree you are prepared) take part in Upper Island Musical Festival classes.
- In SOME of these instances, you will be using an accompanist. IF there is a charge, you will be responsible for those fees. (Workshop fees and accompanist fees will be prepaid.)
- Occasionally, if WE agree it is beneficial, SOME of you will take Royal Conservatory of Music exams.
PHONING / TEXTING
- It is my policy NOT to interrupt your lesson for phones calls or texts. This is for your benefit.
- Therefore, do not expect that I will interrupt other lessons for your phone calls or texts– please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.