The teaching philosophy at the Andrea Bertram Studio centres on you!
YOUR PURPOSE: to learn to SING
- to produce a sound pleasant to audience and fulfilling to self
- to foster your own love of music by learning to participate in vocal pursuits with ease and confidence
YOUR VOICE: is your body’s instrument
You must care for and nurture it:
- physically: good health factors into all your preparation (exercise, eating well, sleep, and hydration).
- mentally: regular practice gives you confidence.
- emotionally: through music and the drama that music gives you; the love of music can sustain you throughout your life.
YOUR TALENT: unique to you as an individual
- is incomparable to anyone else
- is inclusive of many things not in your control (e.g. biology, physique, vocal range) and many things you can alter by your dedication, work ethic, and energy
YOUR LOVE: of music and singing
- is created and nurtured within the confines of your talent, work ethic, and your personal environment (school, home, and church)
- is affected by the entertainment you choose (theatre, opera, music recitals, etc.)
- is expanded by your listening choices (radio, TV, CD’s, MP3’s, etc.)
- is enhanced by your active pursuit of more knowledge about your discipline–